Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Hip Gets the All-Clear

Yesterday on the 11th of September, five weeks and a day after surgery, my surgeon give my hip the all-clear: I can jog, hop, and ride without restrictions. That's great news, although I think I'll hold off on the hopping. My doctor did prescribe more therapy, as I'm still a little stiff and especially if I've been sitting for a while, I walk with a rocking gait at first (technical name: trendelenburg gait). He thinks this is due to some residual weakness in the hip region, possibly because my abductors were weak even before surgery tweaked the region.

I'll be taking aspirin only through the coming weekend, then I'm done with that.

With the no-restrictions news in mind, I pushed a little harder on the trainer yesterday: I comfortably did 10 miles at 16 mph, pushing a harder gear. Not exactly fast, but progress.

No comments: