Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 23 - Plateau and the Song of the Open Road

Just a little more than three weeks after surgery, I'm now able to walk for fair bit without any support from a crutch. But after PT or a more active day scuttling around, I get tired and a little sore, which reverts me to a rolling, limping gait. Also, now that I'm more active and not on any anti-inflammatories, my right hip is making itself known (the silver lining of which is that I can compare and see how much better the new hip feels). Overall I feel like I'm on a small plateau, doing ok but still with considerable rehab to do.

The other thing is that it's just gorgeous riding weather, and I miss the bike. I realize that one great thing about the bike is that it makes you more aware of details like the weather: the temperature, wind, and rain all matter a lot, but not if you just blob around in your car. So I'm eager to get back, because I've just been blobbing around in my car for too long.

No comments: